Preview and Published version has black screen with three loading dots...

Jun 28, 2022

Although everything looks great in my project, when I try to preview or publish to Review 360, all I get is a black screen with a three dot loading animation in the center.  I don't know what happened, it was working fine then all of the sudden, nothing changes, just black...  Please help!

8 Replies
Jürgen Schoenemeyer
Errol Muir

I have just experienced this problem for the first time.  Last month, courses published as they should.  Now when published they start with a black screen and white arrow.  My first slide comprises a text box, photo and arrow picture with a trigger on the arrow to jump to next slide. The 'save question bank' work around above does not solve the problem for me. Help please.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Errol,

Happy to help!

Can I ask if publishing your courses using an older version of Storyline 360 fixes the behavior? Here's how you can downgrade your installation to an older version for testing. Since you mentioned that your courses worked about a month ago, try installing Update 80 and using that to publish your course to see if they will load. 

Additionally, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look why they aren't loading properly when published using the latest version of Storyline 360? We'll delete it afterwards!