scoID error on Moodle

Anyone had ever experienced the following error when launching a storyline scorm from Moodle?

"A required parameter (scoid) was missing"

This is happening very frequently ater last update 5, and the problem is that it happens almost randomly. Sometimes when entering the course, sometimes when you close and resume the course, sometime during a quiz bank...

The scorm is set to launch in new window. The moodle patch/fix for rotating view on ipad ios7 has been implemented.

Captivate scorms seem not to have this problem, althought we have not tested lot of Captivate scorm on this Moodle platform.

thank you,

12 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Yemane -- Sorry to hear that you are running into this issue as well, but unfortunately, I am not able to provide support here. As this thread is a bit older and the participants may no longer be subscribed, please feel free to reach out to individual directly using the 'Contact Me' link on their profile pages if you wish. 

Yemane Yohanns

Thank you for your concern!
This is not a big headache for me at the moment since a single user is complaining about it, so it could be connection reliability or browser problem among the others. I will handle it with your advice. I have asked this community about some of my SCORMs developed from third party are not recording and tracking the status of a learner. Please save me with this if you can, I appreciate for your concern.

Kind regards,

Yemane 
Training Technology Expert

Christie Pollick

Hi, Yemane -- Thank you for the update, and if you continue to experience tracking issues, you may want to reach out to your LMS provider directly for further assistance. 

I also wanted to note, when you reply via email, the details in your email signature are displayed here in the thread, so please feel free to use the Edit button beneath your post to remove that information if you wish. :)

Alex Lor

Hi guys,
I had this "A required parameter (scoid) was missing" issue come up today with some of our students. Normally if it were a single student, I'd advise them they were in an old session but this was occurring to multiple students.

Currently, I'm using Moodle 2.9 and SCORM 1.2 content is built in Articulate Storyline 2 (Update 9). All my SCORM packages are set to open in Moodle using the new window option. The weird thing was the package worked fine when using the embed option but not for a new window. All other SCORM packages are set this way, but only this one was playing up.

In my case, the broken SCORM used the full heading “Topic 3: Use training packages to meet client needs". I saw the URL had "&#xA" right in the middle of the heading. I copy/pasted the content into another Storyline file, called it untitled1, uploaded it to Moodle and it worked. I then made a new SCORM file and reduced the title to “Topic 3:Use training packages” so the URL didn’t include the symbols and it worked as well. Screenshots in the attached PDF.

My guess is the heading was copied from a word doc during Storyline development and some of the formatting got copied over. Maybe try simplifying the heading in Storyline and see if that works.

Cheers, Alex

Leah Hemeon

Thank you Alex! You just saved the day for me too. Running Moodle 3.5 and just ran into this error for the first time in the last stages of a HUGE project. Republished half a dozen times with different settings (although I'm a veteran Moodle AND Storyline user so I didn't know what it could be). This just fixed the issue completely. Whew.