STL360: Complete Course trigger does not work

Sep 01, 2021

Windows 10. Version 3.55.25975.0

Something is buggy with the trigger for Complete course to show as Completed/Pass in my LMS/SCORM Cloud. I have published the attached file and tested in SCORM Cloud. I click the button, the course closes. But still shows as Incomplete in SCORM Cloud.

I tested in my own LMS, and it remains "in progress".

Doesn't matter if I publish SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004.

Setting to slide views works but I still think there's something going on with the Completed trigger.

Could someone test this file, please? Can anyone publish this and test in SCORM Cloud? Does the completion trigger work? The fact that it doesn't work in SCORM Cloud really makes me think a bug is happening.

Katie

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Katie,

Thanks for sharing your file, and you're correct. We do have an issue reported in Storyline 360 where:

The course completion trigger is not working when using Classic Player in update 55.

I'm sorry this is slowing you down, but our team has prioritized this bug for a fix, so we'll pop back in here as soon as we have more to share!

Becca Levan

Thanks for following up, Mark, and I'm very sorry this is holding you back.

As Ren mentioned earlier, we have prioritized this issue and are currently working on a fix.

Currently, we have 2 workarounds:

1. Switch to the Modern Player.
  2. Return to Storyline 360 (Build 3.54.25674.0). Here's how to install a previous version.

As soon as we have a fix, we will return here with an update!

Becca Levan

Returning as promised to share exciting news! đź—ž

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 56, we’ve included important fixes and new features. Here's the item you'll be interested in:

Fixed: Complete course trigger isn't working when using the Classic Player in Storyline 360 (Build 3.55.25954.0)

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application—details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or reach out to our Support Engineers directly!