Storyline 360 Issues on NMCI Computers

Oct 24, 2023

I submitted a case without much success so I will try here.

We recently upgraded to Storyline 360 from Storyline 3. We are finding our customers are struggling to view the new On Demands created in Storyline 360 on their government computers (NMCI -- Navy Marine Corps IntraNet). The courses are working fine on their personal laptops. But.... we cannot ask on a large scale government employees and active duty service members to do government training on their personal computers.

We have updated browsers, compressed images and enabled pop ups. AND still the government computers lock up, do not load images and repeats audio. We had very few issues when we published from Storyline 3. 

We know government computers are typically old with lots of security. Unless we get an act of Congress that is not going to change: ) Any ideas on what could be glitching the NMCI computers? 

3 Replies
Joseph Francis

Being in the corporate world, we have our fair share of slow adoption issues as well. Believe it or not, there is a unit in my organization which still has Internet Explorer as the default web browser, because of one legacy application they still use, which hasn't been replaced/updated. And don't get me started on how many organizations I've worked for which STILL have an AS/400 ("mainframe" for the youngsters in the audience) as a live environment, complete with a web browser-based application (remember the 3270 emulators on Windows 3.1 and NT? Somebody wrote one which runs in a web browser 🙄😣).

Since your course DOES work on personal laptops, you've eliminated the server/LMS as a possible problem. What does NOT happen when a learner attempts to launch the course on an NMCI computer, which does happen on his/her personal laptop?