Storyline 360 Publish to Word 2013 Not Working

Apr 03, 2017

I am trying to publish my project to word to send to our team to review.  It acts like it is publishing to word and gives the message that it has been successful, however, no document is created.  Is anyone else having that issue?

80 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're running into these issues publishing to Word! As a first step, I would check that you have the right version installed per our system requirements:

Microsoft Word 2016 or 2019 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Microsoft Office 365 (desktop apps only)

If you're set here, I recommend connecting with our support team as there could be permission settings or other roadblocks that could be affecting this feature. They're best suited to help you sort through this!

Connect with us.
Joseph Francis

About 6 months ago, I responded to a similar "Publish to Word" issue here. I had run into this issue a few years back, and two seemingly-oddball solutions were offered, which helped in different situations:

1. Make sure the Notes tab on the first slide is empty. I had used it to park the course code and some other developer information; I ended up moving that information to the Notes tab of slide #2.
  2. Make sure you're not trying to save the Word doc too many levels "deep." Probably part of the fact that Storyline is still maddeningly a 32-bit application, a file's name cannot exceed 255 characters (complete folder path + file name). Worst case, I would publish to the root of C:\ and then move the Word doc to its "final" home afterwards.