Storyline 360 - Text is constantly cut off / cropped in text boxes and shapes.

Mar 06, 2019

I keep hitting an issue where text boxes are not displaying text correctly.

Words are cropped off mid-letter, as seen in the image below - see the first line of each sample - ending in "severe in the left". 

It doesn't seem to matter what the text box settings are for - Autofit / do no resize, or the margin settings. 

25 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Fazzi,

Sorry, you've run into this odd behavior - it looks like it's happening with the preview or published output? How does it appear on the slide while you're editing? Are you seeing this in all your Storyline files, or only this one? 

Also, can you check that you're on the latest update of Storyline 360,  which is build 3.25.18088.0.  You can check by going to the "Help" Tab -> "About Articulate Storyline".

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Fazzi. If you're only seeing this while editing and not in your preview or published output I'd also look at these best practices to prevent the file from misbehaving.

If you're able to share a copy of the .story file, I'm also happy to take a look and investigate further. You can share it publicly here, or send it to our Support Team privately. 

We’ll delete it when done troubleshooting. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Thomas,

I do not see where Fazzi submitted a support case to us, so I do not have an update to share with you.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Kerry,

No worries. It appears that they were flagged as part of our spam filtering. That's why they were grayed-out or not visible to others in the community.

Our team monitors flagged posts for false positives and releases them to the community as soon as possible.

Your posts are now live.

You mention that you're only seeing the issue when the course is published and not within the project file or when previewing, correct? 

Is your player set to "Scale to fill browser window"?

Amy Tuffin

I'm still new to this but think I may have found the issue...?
I noticed that there was a blank line at the end of my text which included a tabbed space. As soon as I removed the tab my missing text came back!

Try checking for any additional lines/formatting at the end the content in your text box. Be interested to know if this is the problem :-) 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Rob,

I can certainly share some information about what Modern Text is:

Modern Text Rendering

I'm not clear on why this is affecting your course negatively and in following this conversation, I'm unable to track down support cases to dig in deeper.

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

John McNichol

This is still happening, nothing obvious seems to be the cause. I've copy-pasted a text box from one layer to another, moved the copy to the right of the screen and it cuts off part of the text. The same thing happens if I create a new text box.

It does only appear to be in edit mode, the preview looks okay.