Storyline 360 won't preview any of my projects!

Jan 03, 2023

Hi,

Is anyone else having an issue with SL 360 not previewing? I can't preview by pushing the space bar, or clicking the preview scene/slide/project. If I start a new project, I can preview. But none of my current projects will show a preview. I have unistalled and reinstalled SL twice and contacted support. Just curious is anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks! Julia

18 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Julia,

I'm so sorry you're having an issue with previewing your courses! I see that you've opened a support case and are working with John Carlo. You are in good hands! Please reply via email within the case if you need anything regarding this case.

If there is anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for reaching out!

Julia Phelan

Hi Bee,

I had this exact issue and it ended up being something to do with the fonts. Unfortunately, even after a lot of support calls and emails and a lot of installing and uninstalling things, we couldn't figure out an ideal solution. But, try changing the fonts on one of your project slides to the default font (or a font that you don't usually use) and seeing if it will replay. If it does, then you have the same issue I have. The fastest workaround I have figured out is to put the impacted fonts (the ones that are in the files that won't preview) and click to install the fonts again. Your computer will say the font is already there, but you say install anyway and it will "reinstall" the font. The issue with this is it works until you restart your computer. Then you need to do it again (with the font or fonts that are the issue). Hopefully this helps. It's not ideal, but it's the best workaround I could find.

Julia :)

Bee Woon Ang

Hi Julia,

You're right. I did a troubleshoot using fonts not originally from the existing pool and there is nothing in the preview. But when I change the font using the in-house pool, preview was able to show. I guess I will have to work around and change my typeface.

Thanks so much Julia, for the tip and solution! At least now I know the problem :).

Bee 

Julia Phelan

Jurgen: For me, any font will work. The issues is that clearly something happened and there was some sort of event that corrupted my fonts. And so the ones I was using before it stopped working, will only now work, if I reinstall them. I have to do these every time I open Storyline (if I have restarted my computer). If I reinstall a font that was impacted, all is fine, until I restart my computer and I have to do it again.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Julia, 

Sorry to hear that you're still encountering this issue. 

Can I ask if you are able to replicate the behavior using a different user on your computer? You mentioned encountering this behavior for all of your fonts, so I'd like to test if the behavior is specific to the Windows user you're using. Follow the steps in this article to create a new user on your machine: 

Once you've signed in using the new user, try and replicate the behavior that you were experiencing with your fonts. Please let me know if you prefer to go through this troubleshooting step over a support case and I'll be glad to start one on your behalf.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Julie, 

Thanks for the update. If using a different user doesn't work, please share a copy of your updated project file and the specific fonts that you are using with either me or our support team so we can take a closer look at what's happening. Fonts shouldn't cause publishing issues, so testing using your actual files will be super helpful in identifying a fix.