Success Factors and SCORM 2004 Version 4

May 27, 2020

"A scorm 2004 content package contains sequencing and navigation rules. it cannot be added tot he item as the item can only contain one set of sequencing and navigation rules" is an error I get when associating a SCORM 2004 V4 published file to an item in Success Factors LMS.

We've loaded files published EXACTLY the same way for other items without issue.

What am I missing here?

1. No issues with the imsmanifest.xml file having a line return or special characters.

2. Identifier tried to do this unique from a potential previous version.

Am I missing something?  Anyone else please help.

7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Elyse,

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. I'd like to test if the issue that your encountering is something that I would be replicate in our LMS testing environment. Would you mind sharing a copy of your published output here so I can upload it to SCORM Cloud? You can also reach out to our support team by creating a case if you prefer to share your published output privately. 

Erik M

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a resolution to this.

Resources from SAP state:

"SCORM 2004 has a very advanced and complicated set of rules concerning behavior and navigation, this is what the validation error will refer to.

There can only be one top level Sequencing and Navigation control, so the two packages would conflict. Note that this is a limitation of SCORM 2004, not the Learning.

The best way to handle it would be to add the generic evaluation to manifest file, so that it would be in the hierarchy:

• Each package contains a separate Sequencing and Navigation Hierarchy, these will conflict.
    • You cannot use two packages with S & N in the same item, yet SCORM 2004 requires that it be assigned via package; thus, you can only have one SCORM 2004 Package per item.  
    • You can merge the content so that their respective S & N rules do not clash. Depending on the Authoring tool this may be done through the tool itself, or you can use a text or manifest editor."

I'm not sure what sequencing and navigation rules need adjusting within the Storyline file?

Thanks.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Erik,

Storyline 360 packages normally don't require any modification to work in an LMS, regardless of the format used during publishing. If you're encountering issues when uploading your course to Success Factors LMS, try testing how it will behave in another LMS like SCORM Cloud to isolate the behavior

A problem with the course can be observed regardless of which LMS you use, but LMS-specific issues cannot be replicated in another LMS. If you don't encounter any issues in SCORM Cloud, please work with the support team of your LMS so they can address any sequencing or navigation issues you may be experiencing in their environment.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Erik,

Storyline 360 packages normally don't require any modification to work in an LMS, regardless of the format used during publishing. If you're encountering issues when uploading your course to Success Factors LMS, try testing how it will behave in another LMS like SCORM Cloud to isolate the behavior

A problem with the course can be observed regardless of which LMS you use, but LMS-specific issues cannot be replicated in another LMS. If you don't encounter any issues in SCORM Cloud, please work with the support team of your LMS so they can address any sequencing or navigation issues you may be experiencing in their environment.

Erik M

Thank you for your response Jose,

From what I understand, the issue is fixed by removing the trigger of clicking a button to complete the course to clicking the button to exit. I made this change to the two scenes that I was exporting.

I think the LMS did not like that the 2 packages both had a trigger to record the course as complete. The courses were loaded into a curricula. By using the trigger to exit left the course completion status to the curricula setting instead.

Erik