3 Replies
Sarah Hodge

Hi Daniel! Thanks for posting your question here! Building an e-learning course from start to finish can feel super daunting at first. So you're not alone! There are different ways to approach this, but I typically follow this process: 8 Simple Steps for Creating Online Training. That article gives a common step-by-step overview. Another thing that's helped me to develop useful e-learning is to clearly communicate with the subject matter expert (SME). I created a few free resources to help guide that conversation and to make sure everyone is on the same page: Make Working with SMEs a Breeze with These 3 Downloads. I hope that helps!  

Cloud technologies

Hi Daniel! I am from Hornbill FX (www.hornbillfx.com)

We are an eLearning development firm, where we turn conventional eLearning on its head to create learning experiences that are engaging and effective. We use 2D/3D animation, immersive AR/VR environments, engaging scenarios and simulations, game-based learning, and many more techniques to deliver truly unique, “wow” experiences. 

I can tell you the process we follow in HBX. Click this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the process. https://www.hornbillfx.com/elearning-solutions.html

Hope it helps!

If you are looking for 3D immersive learning solutions then I suggest Hornbillfx. Hornbillfx is one of the leading AR immersive learning solutions companies in the USA.

Dave LeFevre

Daniel, welcome to the eLearning world! It's a wonderful career. You ask a very important question which, fortunately, has some great resources. The Articulate website has many great resources, such as this page. Look at the Learn menu here on the Community site for even more. In general, many people follow ADDIE or other similar models for course development. Whatever you follow, the key is to understand the learners and their needs and use your chosen medium (eLearning) to the best of its capacity. For most learning, that means more than text and images but pushing the effort up the Bloom's scale to higher-level thinking and engagement with the learner. It's also means knowing what your tool can do, which is where this Community comes in. Attend the webinars, go through the tutorials and guides, etc. It's great to draft a course and share it with the Community here, if you can, to get lots of feedback on how something might be done.