Playing Background music across all slides - Storyline 360

Dec 21, 2018

Hi all, 

I know there have been a few threads on this but I can't seem to find a solution!

I'm creating a project which I need audio for, but I would like the audio to run throughout the whole project and not just restart on each slide. I've tried adding the code that a girl called Emily mentioned a while back and putting the audio into the published folder (

<audio src="Ecom-Soundtrack.mp3" preload="auto" autoplay loop></audio>

</body>)

I added it to story.html and story_html5.html but this didnt work, whenever i upload to my LMS I get an error message.

Can anybody help? this is driving me insane!

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

57 Replies
Dan Graham

Hey guys. I had a client request this feature and couldn't find an elegant solution anywhere. I managed to come up with my own solution that allows Storyline to pull the audio files from the resources section. You can view a sample here

I had to create my own custom javascript, but I put together a video and a blog with all the javascript you'd need to recreate this effect on your own.  

Hope this helps! And happy Storylining! 

-DG

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

Karen Hesting

Hi Eric! While it is great to now have the background audio option, is there a way to select the slide where the audio should start? The issue we are having is that, since the first slide now has media, the black screen with the play arrow is what shows when we embed in Rise. We'd really like our "Start Game" first slide to show instead. Then, after selecting the Start button to go to next slide, the audio would start. 

Thanks for any ideas. 

ioulia Kornberg

OMG OMG OMG!   I get updates to this thread regularly and it's generally more of "this javascript didn't work".

And to open the thread this time after YEARS and see that Articulate finally made a way to put music across the project????  WOW!  I cannot TELL you how excited I am!  I just tested it and it was easy-peasy.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!