Forum Discussion

KerriCrowley
Community Member
2 months ago

360 Degree Storyline Customization

Hi everyone,

I am very experienced with using 360 degree photos in Storyline. I am currently creating a competency evaluation for the pediatric hospital I work for in the form of a module with multiple 360 scenarios. So here are my two questions for everyone:

1. Can you use JS to customize the labels in free navigation mode? By default, it says "1 of 5 items visited." With my scenario, a different verb makes much more sense here ("completed").  I would love to override the default settings, but I don't know if I can.
  2. For my settings, I am using hotspots and they are not revealed. However, I would love to add a failsafe for learners that after 3 minutes, their behavior changes to pulse. Is this possible with JS? In prior 360 courses, I've mimicked this by using the trigger "when the timeline reaches xxx minutes," but in this scenario, learners will be hopping in and out of the image with it retaining their progress. 

I should add that I am using variables for each hotspot that mark true when the user clicks the hotspot. Once learners complete each task (all "trues"), then they can progress to the next part of the competency evaluation. I am planning to leverage those same variables to give customized hints about what remains. For example, if a learner hasn't checked a bedside cart for emergency supplies after xx minutes, a layer pops up that says something like "don't forget to check the bedside cart for emergency supplies!"

I am grateful for any and all insights you may have. 

With gratitude,

Kerri

• Hey Kerri

I am not sure about Number 2, but Number 1 can be addressed in the Player under Text Labels.  No JS needed.