Forum Discussion

9 days ago

A New Chapter for Our E-Learning Heroes Community

It's hard to believe that two weeks have already passed since we launched our new E-Learning Heroes community platform. We're thrilled to be on this journey with you, building upon the incredible foundation of knowledge and collaboration we've cultivated together for well over a decade now.

What's New and Exciting

Many of you have shared positive feedback about the new forums, noting that they're easier to navigate. We're especially pleased to hear that the new dedicated groups, such as those for JavaScript and Accessibility, are welcome additions. These improvements are just the beginning – we have more exciting features in the pipeline.

Acknowledging the Challenges

Of course, with any significant transition, there are bound to be some hurdles along the way. We've encountered a few hiccups, and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through them. Here are a couple of key points to be aware of:

• Content Cleanup: In preparation for the move, we archived discussions that hadn't seen activity in over three years, as well as outdated articles and user guides. This means that some older content may no longer be accessible. It will take some time for search engines to update their results accordingly.
  • Technical Issues: We're aware of a redirect bug that sometimes causes pages to load incorrectly. If you encounter this, please try refreshing the page or clearing your cache. We're actively working with our platform vendor to resolve this and some other issues.
  • Feature Differences: We’ve heard your feedback about some features that you’re missing from our old community, such as showcasing projects on your profile, how the emails display, seeing postings on our jobs hub, and others. Some of those features are in the works, and we are sharing additional feature requests with our vendor. In the meantime, If you're looking for E-Learning job postings, we recommend ATD's job bank and and The Learning Guild Job Board.

Moving Forward Together

Your experience and satisfaction are our top priorities. We're committed to creating an environment where you can easily find the help and resources you need to build exceptional courses. As we navigate this transition together, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns, or feedback. You can reply to this thread or feel free to email us at community@articulate.com.

Thank you for being an integral part of our E-Learning Heroes community. Your contributions, insights, and patience during this time are invaluable. We're excited about the future and the enhanced experience that we're building together.

• Thanks for the feedback (and patience) as we transition to the new platform. We're documenting all of the feedback and will determine how to move forward with it. Like any new platform some of the features are different and we may have to work with those constraints compared to the previous platform and some we can submit to the platform vendor as feature improvements. 

In either case, we do want to craft the best experience for those who participate here and really value your input. And we do have more to come. :)

• The thread shows when the last post was for each topic, which is good. Discussions would be practically worthless without that information. But they also show the name of the original poster, instead of the name of the most recent poster.

That’s very frustrating. It makes it difficult to tell if someone has responded to your post, and a lot of us use these posts for dialogs.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

I commented elsewhere about the same thing: I want to see the name of the most recent poster. On the old site, I used that to see if someone else responded to a post I'm participating in.

Seeing the recent poster's name could also entice me to look at posts I wasn't participating in. For example, when I saw certain names—such as yours 😄 — I'd open the discussion, because there's always something to learn from thoughtful posters.  

• Hi
    When I hover over the title of a thread, a great big box pops up with the details of the person who posted the thread. It also seems to pop up directly after clicking the 'see more threads' button a the bottom of the screen.

I can't find any way to make it go away and it obscures everything on the left hand side of my screen so I can't read the titles and intro text. It also scrolls with the content. Maybe give us a way to close this box or even better, it only pops up if the user name/avatar is clicked?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

This is a major issue if you are following a thread. The old forum showed the name of the most recent poster.