Forum Discussion

Eloïse
Community Member
19 days ago

accessibility issue with keyboard navigation

I am currently working on a module accessible via keyboard navigation. In the example, I have a slide where I customized the focus order of the elements: I would like to be able to access the interactive elements on the screen first, then the elements of the Storyline player (next, previous, play, etc.), and finally the burger menu.

I can't access the burger menu in the right order: I have to press tab and go through all the elements of the browser (so outside the module) before reaching the burger menu.

I don't know how to change this. Do you have any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help :)

• Hi Eloise!

Happy to help with this!

After testing the behavior on my end, with the NVDA screen reader, the focus first went to the elements on the slide, then progressed to the player items such as the Menu and the Burger icon. Here's a quick screen recording of how it looked!

Can you clarify which screen reader you are using? Also, it would be helpful to see the .story file you've been working with, as well as a screen recording demonstrating how you were navigating through the page. Feel free to upload those items here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!