Forum Discussion

DavidBlanchard
Community Member
4 days ago

Accessibility

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get peoples thought/suggestions please...

I'm in the UK and public sector so we need to ensure we meet WCAG 2.2 level AA by law. 

I'm working through the Articulate guidance but thought it would be worth asking the community if you have any advice on this, maybe what works well/not so well for you. If there are any tools that can be used to inspect the content or if it's a case of manually working through the content.

We use a tool called site improve for websites which crawls sites and provides a report on what is failing and at what level but we're unable to use that for learning content.

I've also just started looking at a browser plugin called WAVE which seem like it may help in certain situations.

Any advice/shared experiences would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

David.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi DavidBlanchard!

I understand you're looking for feedback on UK accessibility standards for Articulate 360! Glad to see the community has been helping you!

I noticed that you've opened a support case as well. It looks like my colleague John is handling your case and replied to your e-mail sharing insight. We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.

• I am not sure how good the accessibility automations are at checking a Storyline or Rise course. You should do manual tests as well even if you use an automated checker.

If it is storyline you have no option but wade through the content, for Rise you can rely on their KB articles about what is not accessible at this time and ensure you have alt text.

IN terms of contrast ratios you will have to do that manually.