Forum Discussion

JoyMalecki-efda
Community Member
7 months ago

Adding Font Colors to Palette

Is it possible to permanently add custom font colors (company-branded hex colors) to my Rise color palette?  I can highlight text and type in the hex code, but I have to do that each and every time which is very time-consuming, especially with a large project.

• Hi Joyce, Ariana, and Antti,

Thanks for reaching out! We are still gathering votes for the ability to create a custom color palette in Rise 360. We've added your voice to the feature report, and we'll update this discussion if there are any changes that might help.

I appreciate your additional comments on why this feature will benefit you and your organization. I've informed our product team.

RebeccaRoehm-ed
      Community Member

It would be also helpful if I could set the style for each level (heading, subheading, body, etc.) and it updates in ALL the blocks. It is absolutely frustrating to have to update each and every block individually in each lesson.

• Hi Joy!

Great question!

Our development team is tracking a feature request that will allow authors to create and save custom color palettes. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!

PhilFoss
      Community Member

I think Steven meant to say- this is already on the Feature Roadmap.

• Thank you all for your responses.  The Block Template will not address my particular need as we need to have any bolded text a specific company branded color.   Each paragraph, etc, that we write will have different bolded words so as far as I can tell, the Block Template will not work.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

You're right: a Block Template won't work when you just need to change the color of some text. And, yes, it is definitely a pain to have to enter a hex code every time. (Been there; done that.)

AnttiKalpio
    Community Member

I'm also eagerly waiting for this feature. We have 8 official colors and I would love to use only those in Rise

• Are there any updates on this feature? It will be really helpful if we can set a custom font color from our branding, one dark and one light.

• It would be great to have this feature, as manually inputting the hex code every time is rather tedious.

• If you're not going to implement the ability for users to add a custom colour swatch, how about just adding a last used colour swatch, like in PowerPoint or Word.