Forum Discussion

SumantMurugesh
Community Member
11 months ago

Adding tags to Rise courses

Hello

We develop hundreds of courses in Rise for training purposes. However, we are finding it difficult to add sufficient keywords to the titles of the courses to be able to search for them. Since the Rise course titles appear in the LMS, it is confusing for the students to view those keywords that developers use. Is there a place in Rise courses, we can add some tags or keywords for developer's use please?

If this is not yet available, please make this a priority to add such a feature. Or at least a "developer" block that can be hidden. This will be much appreciated by many others!

Thank you!

Sumant

• Hi Sumant!

Thanks for letting us know what options I need to see in Rise. I can see how adding tags can help you find courses with ease.

In the meantime, please check out our newly released feature, Team Folders!

If we make any changes, we'll update this thread!

jbm8524_2725
      Community Member

Searchable tags for course codes, department, collaborator, topic/product, language, etc. would be so helpful. These would only be visible to developers/teams. 

Imagine one person having to audit 405 courses - one by one - for individual pieces of information like the aforementioned and on a tight deadline.

Simply going into a course to add a manager takes five clicks. That's a total of 2,025 clicks for all 405 courses. Now add the clicks needed to copy-paste individual pieces of course information into an Excel spreadsheet created to replicate Articulate Rise course information so that it can be filtered and sorted more easily.

By the end of trying to do this for four hours straight, my index finger was tense from all the clicking. After two weeks, my whole right arm and side of my neck hurt. 

Were I a robot, I would just add WD40 to my joints. Were I Sisyphus or Echo, I would have begged the Greek gods for respite from such a repetitive task under an unrealistic deadline. 

As a plain ole modern mortal, I only resorted to taking breaks to stretch my fingers and arms while wishing for someone from Notion to join Articulate one day and bring up the idea of a database view. 

If Articulate Rise had a database view for All Content, it would save users with 100+ Rise courses so much time and effort. Even a basic database view showing collaborator information (owner, manager, and editor) would have allowed me to sort out the courses I needed to focus on more easily.

If Notion can do it, Articulate can do it, too! Right?

SumantMurugesh
        Community Member

Thank you for sharing that! I really hope Articulate would add some tagging as it's a basic necessity for maintaining courses. Let's keep fingers crossed!