Forum Discussion

WilliamRyan-dba
Community Member
4 days ago

AI Audio Generation (Text-to-Speech)

Hi there,

I just gave the AI Audio (text-to-speech) generation a try, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the voices I tried sound reasonably natural. This could save me a lot of time in production.

Some things I find missing are the ability to adjust the voice pitch or speed.

• Hi WilliamRyan-dba!

So glad to hear you're enjoying AI-assisted Text-to-Speech in Storyline!

We're tracking a feature request to give authors more control over voiceover parameters. One of those being the ability to adjust the speed. I've included your voice in the request! We'll be sure to notify you if this feature makes it to our Feature Roadmap.

WilliamRyan-dba
      Community Member

After working with it further, I find it lacking in another important area, which at present, is a deal-breaker for me... The produced speech has inappropriate pauses where there should be none, and blows past pauses that should be there, as indicated by commas or semi-colons. Although the pronunciation is pretty OK, the "cadence" of the speech is not. 

I give two examples, the AI text-to-speech file generated by Storyline, and one generated by my "go-to" site, Voicemaker® - Text to Speech Converter

Too bad, because the AI text-to-speech feature in Storyline could have been an important time-saver.