Forum Discussion

DawnJuliano
Community Member
2 months ago

Alternate Text

We are working on a project that allows for the choice of font in e-learning for neuro-divergent learners.  Is there any option for making a toggle button to change the default text in a course?  I am hoping to be able to allow for a choice on the first slide.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

I love hearing people who are starting to consider and support neuro-divergent learners - I think its the new frontier in accessibility. Well done!

Unfortunately, because Storyline is unlike Rise in that it doesnt have a default FONT that is set in an overall way; I dont think there is a way to simply change all course text to a different font at the push of a button.

If I was doing this, I might set up different master slides which use different fonts for the content.
    Each Master slide would then be used to create different Scenes of content - essentially, you are remaking multiple copies of the same content but using different fonts (not ideal!)

With that done, it would be simple enough to present the user a menu, and allow them to select a font, which in turn starts them down their chosen Scene with all content appearing in that font.

It would be a lot of manual work though.
    Perhaps a CSS guru could come up with a solution outside of Storyline that changes the fonts dynamically?...