Forum Discussion

MahoganiWebb108
Community Member
3 months ago

Am I Able to Pull Data on the Number of Attempts to Answer a Question if Attempts are Unlimited?

I am currently working with SMEs who would like to know how many times learners are attempting to answer specific questions in an attempt to pinpoint questions that are collectively difficult for learners to answer. 

The issue is that the number of attempts for each question in unlimited, meaning each learner that completes the assessment will end up with 100% since they're currently unable to proceed to the next question without answering correctly. 

Is this possible? I am working with Litmos. The file is developed in Quizmaker and published with SCORM 1.2.

TIA! 

• Hi Mahogani,

You may be able to pull a report from the LMS that displays information such as the learner's attempt at answering the question and showing how many times they answered incorrectly and correctly.

I recently made a software simulation test where the user has an unlimited number of attempts to click on the right area of the screen. In testing, I purposely clicked on the wrong spot sometimes. When pulling the report in the LMS, the report showed both attempts on the hotspot, both incorrect and correct.

I am using ADP, which I think uses Litmos, so I don't know if you can pull the same report. If so, you might start with R308A or create your own custom report.

I'm using SCORM 2004, however. I don't know if you can publish to SCORM 2004, but that standard has better reporting of question data in our LMS than 1.2 does.

In other words, the data you are seeking may already be recorded in your LMS, if you can use the right report to pull it up and display it.