Forum Discussion

JenniferKnott-4
Community Member
2 years ago

Announce new layers

Hello, Storyline Experts,

I have an interaction that includes a layer that appears when the learner chooses either the right or wrong response. Feedback for incorrect and correct choices will each appear, depending on the learner's choice. I want to make this accessible. What I want to happen is the screen reader to announce the layer appeared and then speak aloud the text in that layer. 

When I use a screen reader now, the layer appears, but the screen reader does not read it, or even say that a layer has appeared.

Does anyone have the javascript that will make this happen?

• Are you using the Correct and Incorrect layers that Storyline builds for you when you add a quiz question, or are you constructing your on?

JenniferKnott-4
      Community Member

Hi! It's not a quiz question. I have buttons on a slide. A layer appears for each choice. I want the layer to be announced and the text read aloud by the screen reader. Then I want the layer to disappear and the learner to be taken back to the same slide or the next slide.

• Have you placed the text in the correct place on the focus order, or you can set the layer to prevent clicking on base layer and then it will be read automatically

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

In the layer properties

Sent from my iPhone