Forum Discussion

RichardFergu904
Community Member
2 days ago

Articulate/PowerPoint add-in causing shutdown issues

Hello - I have recently started having a problem with my PowerPoint program. When I go to close the program, I get an error - "Microsoft Powerpoint has stopped working". During my troubleshooting I found that the Articulate.Presenter.lpc add-in was the problem. When I disabled it, PowerPoint would shut down normally. I then turned it back on and the problem returned. 

Can someone give me some insight on how to fix the problem? Is a repair necessary for this? I don't use the Articulate tools in PPT that often but I would like it to work when needed. Thanks!

RichardFergu904
    2 hours ago

I don't even have to have a file open. I can open PPT, then immediately close it and it will show the error message as long as the add-in is active. So, I don't think it's file-specific. Our files are usually saved on a network drive location but it does the same if I'm working from my desktop. 

I haven't updated Studio360 in a long time so I will try that first. If that doesn't help I'll try a repair of Studio 360. This only started showing up recently, within the last 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE: I just did an update on Studio 360 and problem is no longer there. Thank you for the help!

• Hello RichardFergu904! Wow, you have already performed helpful troubleshooting steps! It also sounds like this is a newer issue. Is that right?

My first thought is that this error might be showing up if you aren't working locally meaning saving your PowerPoint to a shared drive like OneDrive rather than your computer. If so, I'd recommend disabling OneDrive and closing the program to see if that makes a difference.

I think you're also on the right track with performing a repair of Studio 360 which includes Presenter, the add-in for PowerPoint. 

Lastly, if the error message is still appearing, I'd be interested to test your file on our end. You can either attach the file to this discussion or privately in a support case.

RichardFergu904
      Community Member

I don't even have to have a file open. I can open PPT, then immediately close it and it will show the error message as long as the add-in is active. So, I don't think it's file-specific. Our files are usually saved on a network drive location but it does the same if I'm working from my desktop. 

I haven't updated Studio360 in a long time so I will try that first. If that doesn't help I'll try a repair of Studio 360. This only started showing up recently, within the last 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE: I just did an update on Studio 360 and problem is no longer there. Thank you for the help!