Forum Discussion

TimWaldron
Community Member
3 years ago

Audio Editor jumping to random positions.

Hello,

I have encountered a bug or very strange feature in the Storyline 360 audio editor. 

When I press the space bar to pause the audio playback in the audio editor and then click onto the waveform, everything just jumps to a random position on the waveform.* This means that my click on a certain area leads me to click onto a completely different area for no apparent reason.  This is making it almost impossible to do any sort of precise audio editing. 

*(It seems that the playback always tries to jump so that the last played area is at the start of the visible screen when you click on it after pausing it with the space bar. Strangely enough this problem doesn't seem to appear when using the mouse to click the  yellow button for pausing.)

Would greatly appreciate help.

• Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share some great news! We are no longer seeing this bug that caused the audio play head to jump view when using the space bar to toggle audio while in zoom mode.

Please make sure that you are using the current version of Storyline 360 (3.72.29699.0).

To confirm or update your version of Storyline 360:

• Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your Windows machine.
    • Click the drop-down arrow next to Storyline 360 and select Other Versions.
    • Here you will see the current version being used, or have the option to update.

Please let us know if you're still encountering the issue and we'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.

• Hi Tim,

Good news! I just got word that this bug will be fixed in this quarter's update! This conversation will be updated when that update is released.

Thanks for checking in on this!

TimWaldron
      Community Member
      John Morgan

Hi Tim,

Good news! I just got word that this bug will be fixed in this quarter's update! This conversation will be updated when that update is released.

Thanks for checking in on this!

Great, thanks a lot! :)

• Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share some great news! We are no longer seeing this bug that caused the audio play head to jump view when using the space bar to toggle audio while in zoom mode.

Please make sure that you are using the current version of Storyline 360 (3.72.29699.0).

To confirm or update your version of Storyline 360:

• Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your Windows machine.
    • Click the drop-down arrow next to Storyline 360 and select Other Versions.
    • Here you will see the current version being used, or have the option to update.

Please let us know if you're still encountering the issue and we'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.