Forum Discussion

RichardDavies-b
Community Member
20 days ago

Rise text editor - Mathematical equations

Hi. After the recent change of the text editor in Rise to TipTap the entries we previously used with LaTeX provided by our SME and input through Equatio do not display in the editor and we are not unable to input new mathematical equations from Equatio as we could previously.

I would be interested to know what features from TipTap are available in the Rise editor to allow for mathematical equations and LaTeX input as this is an essential functionality for some of our courses we are in mid development of.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Richard 

JessicaBacca
    Community Member

Richard,

Eric gave you the same canned AI answer that is very unhelpful.

I have been searching the internet for the past week trying to find something when they, without warning, did the update and equatio no longer worked. I found https://editor.codecogs.com/ where you have to type in the equation - it's very clunky and "busy" looking and there's a bit of a learning curve, but if you type in your equation, click download, it will dl as an image that you can insert into the image box. The equation image is the same size as the typed equation.

• Thank you so much for the great suggestion. As noted above, I think the issue is with the new editors ability to have images inserted in line with the text. Still, this idea could help us for a few things. Thank you.

RichardDavies-b
      Community Member

I think the heart of the issue for us is not so much the third-party tool, but the ability to add 'in-line' images is no longer possible.