Forum Discussion

EdwardSmith
Community Member
2 years ago

Audio Files in Tabs

Has there been any discussion on adding an audio file to an accordion or tabs interactions?

CynFendley
    Community Member

This is a very important feature for inclusive learning! The last thing we want is to make it harder for people to access our accessibility features. 

• I would agree that from an accessibility perspective, being able to include audio in all facets of a Rise 360 course is paramount from a feature enhancement.  I don't like to have a series of tabs or accordians where I cannot also include an audio component. 

• Hi

I was checking out today how to do this, so I would like to add my name to this request.

Having an option to add an audio file to the accordion would provide another level of interaction for learners.

Thanks.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Dorothy,

I've shared your comments with our developers! We'll let you know when we have an update to share. If you need help with anything in the meantime, please reach out here or in a support case.

JoanneBaguley
        Community Member

Hi KellyAuner , do you have a reference number we can use to track the status of this feature request pls?  This functionality is also high on our wish list.  Thanks.

• Developing a new course where I could really benefit from this feature to improve user accessibility.

• Hi Gren, any updates on this? I just came here from another thread where this was requested over 5 years ago. This is a much-needed feature.

• Hi Edward!

Currently, there isn't a way to add audio to an Accordion or Tabs block. We are tracking requests for this, and I'll make sure this discussion gets updated if we add that enhancement.

As a workaround, you could add an Audio block just below your Accordion or Tabs block. If you wanted it within the block itself, you could convert the audio as a video file and then insert that using the "Replace media" or "Upload media" option in the Accordion or Tabs block.

Let me know if you have further questions!