Forum Discussion

Widya-Y
Community Member
13 years ago

background music in Storyline

Hi everybody,

Is there any way to insert background music like in Presenter in Storyline?

Thank you

• Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

• I saw your other post here Ken, and it looks like you may have this working somewhat now? 

Christine has changed roles here at Articulate and doesn't get back into the forums as often as possible. I'd recommend sharing a copy of your .story file in that other discussion so that folks in the community can take a look and help you with this custom set up! 

MarcoLara
    Community Member

Hi, in my case im using storyline 360 and the index i use to play the course on the LMS is index_lms_html5.html and the script insides it's very different that the story.html   any suggestions on how to play music in whole course using storyline 360 and index_lms_html5.html

Cant belive that has passed many years since this suggestion and still didnt include this feature. its nothing from the other world. Adobe Captivate since CS5 have this feature, and it works pretty well. What happen Articulate?, Im so dissapointed

AmittyGray
    Community Member

Yikes. Even Power Point has this feature. Come on guys...get with the program already! I hate to say it, but between not being able to play continuous audio (client request #1) and the wonky fonts in Internet Explorer (biggest client only has IE with no permissions to edit settings) - I'm about ready to look for a different authoring tool.

• Bonjour, je viens de l'univers FLASH et découvre Storyline. Très compliqué pour moi de passer d'un 4x4 à une berline. Je rencontre pas mal de problème de "Crash" pour des soucis de variables, calques mal ou non utilisés. Mais à part l'animation très limitée, c'est vraiment le son qui manque cruellement de facilité d'utilisation. Et bien évidemment la possibilité de fonds sonores multiples par l'utilisation d'une banque sonore dans le projet directement. Merci d'avance à ceux qui ont la solution. Protégez-vous bien...

BradKney
    Community Member

This is clearly an old thread, but it helped me.

I placed the following code just under the <body> tag of the story.html file.

<audio src="mymusic.mp3" preload="auto" autoplay loop></audio>

I placed mymusic.mp3 in the same folder as the story.html file.

This worked for Edge and Chrome, but not for Firefox. I changed the settings for Firefox - opened the 3 parallel line button - I think that's call a hamburger - clicked Options, then Privacy&Security, then changed Autoplay to "Allow Audio and Video" - and this worked.

• Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

MagsMcNaughton
      Community Member

Hi Eric, I have uploaded a background audio and when I Preview I can hear it, when I Publish the background music is not there. Can you help? Thanks 

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Mags, 

Happy to help! 

We're not seeing any reports of the background audio not playing in the published output for our other users, so the behavior might be isolated. 

Have you tried adding an interaction to the start of your project file in order to give the browser permission to play the audio in your course? Modern browsers prevent audio from automatically playing until an interaction is detected, and one way around this is to add a 'START COURSE' button or similar to your course. 

If interacting with your course doesn't work, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!