Forum Discussion

DianeRichard107
Community Member
2 years ago

Can I test trigger buttons?

Is there a way I can test whether my button triggers work properly without previewing the whole project over and over?? If I find an error on preview, I'm having to fix and then restart the whole project over to find other errors. I simply want to test the buttons to be sure they take me to the correct spot in the training program I am creating. 

• Are these custom buttons that jump to certain slides? If so, select the connected slides, and then Preview just those slides (i.e., Preview > Selected Slides). That would let you verify that a jump-to trigger works without having to preview the whole project. 

Also, when you're Previewing, there's a Select dropdown button near the top left. That lets you jump to any slide that's being previewed. So, for example, if a button links from a custom menu to the first slide of a scene, and you want to test returning to the menu from the end of that scene, you could skip all the in-between slides. (Just be aware that if you select a slide that isn't included in the current Preview, the program will re-do the Preview with that slide.)