Forum Discussion

DonnaCopeland
Community Member
11 years ago

Can you speed up a recorded screencast?

I know I can insert a recorded screencast into a SL project as either one slide (one video) or as a group of slides that each contain starting and ending frames that can be "fine tuned".

My manager knows that we can edit a single video, but from what I just tested, it can be trimmed or cropped, and volume can be increased, but nothing to speed up either the single video movie or to speed up the frames in a slide by slide insertion.  Am I correct that Storyline does not offer that?

Any recommendations for video editing software that does do this?  Thanks.

• Update to this.  This one works :)

Perform action fine tuning to cut out the end.  Then duplicate the slide and do the same to cut out the beginning in the duplicate slide.

Another option is to use Action Fine Tuning to remove the start, and then put a white (or whatever colour) box over the top and fade it out.  The typing text will fade in whilst nearly at the end of the typing.  

• Hello all.  I am actually looking on a way to slow down a screencast in Storyline.  Does anyone have any solutions?

• Hi Charity, 

Great question - I haven't seen a method to slow down a screen recording, so you may want to look at any external tools that would allow you to do so! 

Also, take a look at the tutorials here on using and inserting screen recordings for what things you can edit and change! 

JimmyWebster
    Community Member

I agree - being able to increase the speed when editing the videos in replay or storyline would make a huge difference in Articulate being an all-in-one product

• I need to be able to speed up sections of a screencast, too... Is this feature available yet, please?

• Not yet, Denise. Our open feature request includes this conversation, so we can keep tracking and sharing updates with you here.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful. 

I appreciate you popping in to share how you would use this feature, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

EricSantos
        Staff

I'm happy to jump in here, Georgina! I went ahead and added your voice to the feature request to allow course authors to edit the video and audio speed in Storyline 360. If this feature is added to Storyline, we'll update this discussion, and you'll be among the first to know.

Thanks for reaching out!

• looking for information on this as well? any updates to increasing the speed of a video during development?

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Elisse,

I don't have an update to share just yet but we'll be sure to keep you informed with any news. If you need help with anything else, please let us know!