Forum Discussion

FransdeGreef
Community Member
8 years ago

Cannot properly crop an image after rotating it

I insert an image, then rotate it 90 degrees.

When I then crop the image down, the image moves down and to the left.

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Erratic movement made cropping a rotated image difficult.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hi Frans, and thank you for pointing that behavior out.  I was easily able to reproduce what you're seeing.

I'm going to document this behavior and share with my team so we can determine next steps on our end.  In the meantime, is it feasible for you to crop first and then rotate your image?

FransdeGreef
    Community Member

Thanks, Crystal.

It's easy to work around. I rotate the image, save and delete it from the slide. Then reload it and crop it.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Ah, that's another workaround too.  Thanks for mentioning.  ☺️

• I see that this thread is a bit old, but wondering if a fix is in the works? I still have this issue when trying to crop an image that I have rotated. I can crop first, then rotate, but that usually takes a few tries to get the crop in the right place.

• Hi Dawn and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out for an update and letting us know that you're affected by this issue as well.

It is still open with our team and it has not bubbled up to the top of the priority list at this time.

I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

NickSondej
    Community Member

I want to re-iterate that this has been a bug for 3 years (and I'm still currently experiencing it in the latest version of 360) I realize there's workarounds, but come on, this is just sloppy UI. Any chance that it's getting higher on the priority list? This is a function that works properly in like any modern piece of software that allows you to rotate and crop images.

• Hi Nick!

Thank you for checking in on this bug! I'm so sorry it's affecting your workflow. I've added your comments to our current report. Our team is prioritizing other bugs and features, so I don't have a timeline to share. If our team decided to reroute, we'll update you in this discussion.

JesseBurroughs
      Community Member

I am still experiencing the same issue and want to agree with the comments of users above. I'm not sure how you prioritize your bug fixes, but it seems pretty ridiculous that a working/functional crop tool is not on the top of your priority list especially after 3 years.

• Hi Jesse,

I'm sorry this issue is affecting you as well. As Leslie shared above, this article helps explain how we prioritize bugs. Though we acknowledge this issue has been around for years, it's impact and benefit for the majority of users come first.

I'll be sure to share your comments as well with the team and pop back in here with any updates.

• Hello! Glad to see I'm not alone having this issue. Thanks to the poster who suggested a workaround, and thanks to the Articulate service team for being responsive here in the thread. Just adding my voice to the chorus for a bug fix here! It has quite a negative impact on productivity.

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Erratic movement made cropping a rotated image difficult.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!