Forum Discussion

JoyceMaurin-e58
Community Member
5 years ago

Change button text colour

Hello,

I try to personnalize a button using the "button" function in Rise and I'm unable to figure how to change the colour of the text in the button. I can change the background-color of the row, the background-color of the button but not the text-color of the button.

Is it possible? If yes, how?

I tried with firefox and Chrome, last versions.

Thanks for your help,

• Hi there!

Good news! You can now use theme color contrast to make sure that text or icons that appear on top of a theme color meet contrast guidelines automatically.

To use this new feature, simply go to the Theme tab, select Colors and choose one of the following options:
    • Auto: Turns text and meaningful graphics to black or white automatically depending on your accent color to meet the minimum accessibility contrast requirements.
    • Dark: Turns text and meaningful graphics to black.
    • Light: Turns text and meaningful graphics to white.

Once you’ve given it a try, we’d love to hear what you think!
    AndrewBarry
    Community Member

Hi! I wanted to see if there was any update on this discussion of being able to change the font color on a button. The only option being white is very limiting, as it is nearly impossible to see on many theme colors. Thank you!

• We haven't made any updates to button font color yet. I appreciate your feedback and thanks for checking in! 

• I am struggling with this issue, too. I have default CI-colours in a rise-project, and it would be really nice to change the font colour in buttons for more contrast.

• I noticed Rise UI text changes it's contrast based on the base colour selection but sadly have no feature for content developer to do the same.

KristiGrim
    Community Member

I am encountering the same issue as @Megan Barrett. I have a course I've been working on where the button color is set to dark blue and the text used to be white - now it's suddenly black and I cannot change it.

I already have the theme contrast set to auto but there is no way this color contrast is accessible. 

Is there a fix for this? We've been working on this file for months and the buttons USED to be white. We did nothing to change them. 

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi Kristi, 

If you're still seeing this issue, could you try refreshing the page and confirm if the buttons are still black? You can also try clearing your browser cache. 

Please let me know if you're still seeing the issue after trying these, and we'd be more than happy to take a closer look!