Forum Discussion

ArnoudBrunek952
Community Member
3 months ago

Change the click area of a check box

I have created a fill in form for mobile users.

Recently I received feedback that the click area's of the check boxes are too small for people with big fingers. But it seems there is no easy way to just increase the size of the check box while retaining the positioning of the check box (it's always vertically aligned to the middle).

Preview1 is the current form and I want the click area to be like preview2, but the check box will automatically move upwards.

Is there a simple way to accomplish this? Or do I have to put the same (checkbox) triggers on an overlaying shape that is the size of what I want?

AaronPross
    Community Member

Arnoud,

You could try adding a larger hotspot to the checkbox and placing it on top of it. Add a trigger to the hotspot to change the checkbox's state to Selected.

See the attached example.

Thx
    AP

• Hey Aaron,

Yes, that was also my solution! But that seemed a bit overcomplicated for such a simple thing. Mainly because I had triggers on the checkboxes and I had to copy them all for each checkbox I had (which were many). But now I have realised I could use my triggers more efficient with: set value to 1 when checkbox is "selected" instead of "clicked" for example.

Thank you so much! I am still hoping Articulate adds customization tools to checkboxes.