Forum Discussion

KristyAntono225
Community Member
2 months ago

Collecting User Input from Data Entry Fields

Hi There, I am currently working on a project where our personnel will sign off certain task by entering their name and date completed. I have added data entry boxes for both the signature and date, see slide 8. Once the user fills in all required fields, I will need to be able to review each entry through our LMS. Each will be different as there will be various names and dates so these are not questions that will be marked as correct or incorrect. I did a test upload yesterday but no entries came through when I review in my LMS. Can someone please tell me if this is possible and where I might be going wrong? Attached is a very rough draft that I am currently playing with. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

• You can add survey questions and report via a results slide, as you can only have one answer per survey question you will have to fake it with a couple of hidden survey questions or concatenate using javascript and submit one.

KristyAntono225
      Community Member

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me!

Is there anyway you could provide a bit more instruction on how to create fake survey questions? Sorry, I am a bit of a visual learner😊

Thanks

Kristy Antonowicz- Training Coordinator
      Training and Development
      Tel: 902-873-2250 ext 1433
      Email: Kristy.antonowicz@impaerospace.com
      [cid:image001.png@01DADCFC.15ECA2F0]

Please note: If you encounter any issues with SABA LMS please open a Service Ticket to ensure your concerns are logged and addressed in priority order.

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

Can you accept someone entering the date and their name on separate slides? If so, use a text-entry Survey question for each of those pieces of data. That's the simplest solution.

And, as Phil said, include a Survey Results slide. That's needed to send the survey-question answers to your LMS. 

You'll need to work with your LMS folks to determine how to pull the report that shows what was entered by each user. 

• Your attachment did not go through. Phil and Judy said it all. I also recommend go through this article. If you mange to upload your draft file maybe we can create some nice example together and test in SCORM Cloud. If it works in SCORM Cloud it should work in your LMS as well but as Judy said "You'll need to work with your LMS folks to determine how to pull the report that shows what was entered by each user. "