Forum Discussion

DliaAntunes
Community Member
8 months ago

Continue button and storyline block

Hi! 
I've seen many discussions around this issue and I think I did everything right but it still isn't working.

I have a storyline block - it's only one slide with several layers. It has a Complete Course trigger.

The Button Continue is configured to "Complete Block Directly Above".

What is missing?

• Best guess: The completion trigger in your Storyline file doesn't run.

• For example, the "when..." in the trigger may not happen, or it might happen before all trigger conditions are met.
    • You could check this by having a trigger with the same "when" (and conditions, if those apply) change the state of a hidden object to Normal. Test that in Preview, and if the object doesn't appear, that means that trigger and the completion trigger aren't running. If so, you'll need to troubleshoot the trigger.

Also, check the tracking setting when you publish the Storyline block to Review 360. It should be set to track Using triggers:

DliaAntunes
      Community Member

Thank you. I will test the trigger. The tracking settings are fine

DliaAntunes
      Community Member

Triggers are working fine. I don't understand what is happening here

• The only other possible issue I can think of is that there's actually another block between the Storyline block and the CONTINUE block. If so, the CONTINUE block would be checking if that extra block was completed (rather than checking that the SL block is). 

If that's not the case, I suggest you contact the Articulate staff. You can do that here: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact 

DliaAntunes
      Community Member

No block in between.

I contacted support, I'm awaiting an answer.
      Thanks again!

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Dalia!

Thanks for following up!

Great move on opening a support case! I see that your file has been received and you connected with my teammate Mick.

We can continue the conversation through your case to help keep all information in one spot.