Forum Discussion

RiseAdmin-58dac
Community Member
2 years ago

Continue dividers not working

I am building five eLearning modules and for each new module I am duplicating the previous course. I am trying to use the "Continue" divider button to restrict learners from moving onto the next piece of content and using the "Complete block above" and "Complete all blocks above" options to restrict progress. 

When I preview the course learners are not restricted and when they click on the "Continue" divider without completing the block(s) above they can still progress through the course. Does duplicating courses impact the function of the "Continue" divider? If not, why am I having this problem?

I am still building this course. The lesson that uses the "Continue" divider is on LGBTQI+ communities. You will also see that the button is the custom colour of this course and not white. 

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/ce18babe-77e6-42b2-b6a0-b4cb7fd5803d/review

• Hey there

The Continue Block is not going to be able to detect that an embedded object has been viewed. If you insert this object as a Video, then the Continue Block will be able to detect it and will work for you.

• I would class that as a bit silly, considering as in my case I have embedded an animated Storyline slide, does this means you cant use Storyline blocks with animation to enhance your Rise content unless its embedded as a video! so how is the conversion to a video done? 

• If it is an animated slide from storyline you need to add a continue trigger at the slide end. that will tell rise the block has ended.