Forum Discussion

KrithikaSara683
Community Member
2 months ago

Zoom out interaction not working

I had a detailed post typed out, but got an error when I tried posting the first time around and it did not save a cached version so here's the TLDR. The zoom out function in my interactive graphic isn't working. I have it setup as a hotspot over the zoom region so that they can click anywhere within the window while zoomed in to zoom back out. The cursor doesn't change to indicate that it's a clickable region so I don't think the trigger is being picked up (if I'm understanding correctly). Please help! 

• Hi Krithika,

I have had this website delete my posts, too. I have learned that if it is a longer post, I need to write it out somewhere else first and then copy and paste it here.

As for your project, I think the fix is simple. I believe your pause on the timeline made the timeline stop just before the hotspot to zoom back out became visible. I stretched the Hotspot 1 back in time a little bit to make sure it was visible during the point of the pause and it worked. In essence, your timeline was pausing and stopped before it ever made the zoom out hotspot visible and available to the user.

You can see what I did in the attached file.

• Hi Krithika,

I have had this website delete my posts, too. I have learned that if it is a longer post, I need to write it out somewhere else first and then copy and paste it here.

As for your project, I think the fix is simple. I believe your pause on the timeline made the timeline stop just before the hotspot to zoom back out became visible. I stretched the Hotspot 1 back in time a little bit to make sure it was visible during the point of the pause and it worked. In essence, your timeline was pausing and stopped before it ever made the zoom out hotspot visible and available to the user.

You can see what I did in the attached file.