Forum Discussion

ShannaFreche896
Community Member
2 years ago

Converting SCORM zip file towards xAPI zip file

Hello everyone!

I have found many answers in the past through this forum but my time has finally come to ask for some help. This subject may be easy for someone whose accustomed to it but it's my first time dealing with a manner like this. I may not be describing stuff properly, so please, bare with me, and I apologize if this is a long post.

We have a client who has all their content on an LMS, with SCORM packages. This client is changing towards an LMS that operates with xAPI packages. Consequently, they want to transfer their courses, but the original course contents don't exist but the client does have the SCORM packages' zip files for each course. The courses were all created with Storyline.

I've been researching online to see if there's a way to convert the SCORM zip files into xAPI zip files. I'm also looking for a way to reverse-engineer the SCORM zip files. I must admit I am now lost in all the lingo and all the marketing ploys available on the Internet. I keep being pointed toward Rustici and I even found some online converter from OpenLearning. However, there has to be something we can do within the Articulate Suite.

Can someone point me towards a simple "how-to"? (Thank you for your attention)