Forum Discussion

HongShu-2d122fd
Community Member
20 days ago

Creating a customized Likert scale Survey

Hey everyone!

I’m working on creating a series of Likert scale surveys where participants receive customized feedback based on their selections.

The survey has five options:

• Strongly Agree
  • Agree
  • Neutral
  • Disagree
  • Strongly Disagree

The highest score is 5 (Strongly Agree) and the lowest is 1 (Strongly Disagree), with various scores in between, depending on the choices made.

I’m running into an issue where if a user selects one option, then changes their mind, the triggers I’ve set still add up the points. This means they could end up with more than the intended score if they jump back and forth between options.

Does anyone have tips on how to accurately capture the score on a slide before the user moves on? I tried several triggers but they do not work out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• I suggest you use just one number variable to capture the choice made on each question. That way, each button can have a trigger that sets that variable to the appropriate number. 

If you need to keep a running score, I suggest you add a "Submit my choice" button. Put the trigger to add the choice variable to the Total variable on that button. Note: If you do this, that button also needs to do something to prevent the user from submitting a new answer to the same question. Otherwise, the total will be off.

To make it easier on yourself, I suggest you don't add up the choices from each question until you get to the slide where you'll be giving feedback. 

This post has a demo file about tracking answers from custom surveys. You might find it helpful. TIP: Track Responses to Custom Questions or Surveys | Articulate - Community 

HongShu-2d122fd
      Community Member

Thank you so much. It turns out I totally overcomplicated things! I take a look at your demo and make it work!