Forum Discussion

AlisonHarden-50
Community Member
2 years ago

Cursor Jumping when I hit spacebar in Rise

I am starting a new thread given it's six years after the conversation I found this morning. I recorded what was happening - I have restarted my computer and also in my Rise course, selected preview a number of times to try and clear it. It's super frustrating because I type quickly and it's jumping around.

I recorded what's happening and would really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

• I'm having the same issue. It started yesterday (I'm in Australia), and it's driving me crazy!

AlisonHarden-50
      Community Member

I'm in Australia too and I noticed it Friday morning. I've logged a ticket too now and they're treating it as a bug and investigating. 

GerardMcAteer
        Community Member

Hi Alison, have you had an update about the status of this issue yet? Thanks Gerry

RossBurnet
    Community Member

This is happening to me too-- I can't edit in Rise. It started today. The cursor jumps to the top of the block and some text also disappears. Must be a bug. Kindly exterminate!

• I am also experiencing the same issue, not just the spacebar. The issue appears to be random, and I have noticed that even copying and pasting text into RISE can cause a jump. 

When I try to delete text by highlighting several words and hitting the delete button, then start typing, I often experience sudden disappearance of my typed text, and the old text reappears as if I had hit the 'undo' button. 

Furthermore, sometimes the deleted text reappears without any further typing. For instance, I would select some words, hit delete, and the text disappears, but after a while, the text reappears and then disappears again. This happens even when I keep my hands off the keyboard. 

• Did you submit a tech support ticket? I submitted a case and referred to this discussion thread. Case number 03899059.

RossBurnet
      Community Member

Thanks for the tip. I reported it also.

LisaGillespie
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue - it's super frustrating and making it near impossible to develop the course I'm working on

• I'm having this problem too. Crucial day to get a project to the finish line and can only work at a snail's pace.

• Rise 360 is unusable today due to this bug. Can't really write more than two words at a time before the jump occurs. Have lost a lot of work and time

GerardMcAteer
    Community Member

This issue has been happening for a few days now and it is so frustrating. Along with the jumping cursor I am also finding that with the tab and accordion blocks that when adding return spaces, they seem to get deleted when you go to preview and back to edit again. The only way I have been able to make it work is to add three returns, using the up arrow key and then use the backspace button to delete the extra returns.