Forum Discussion

PatrickSerum384
Community Member
4 years ago

Customizing the Process Block in Rise

Is it possible to customize the step labels in the Rise 360 Process block? I totally understand it's a process and will always say step 1, 2, 3 etc, but what if I just want to have a label without the 1,2,3 ...i.e. have a label header with no numbers, like Create, Manage, Consume etc

Thanks,

Patrick

• Hi, Patrick!

When using a Process Block, you can remove or replace the word "Step" in the block settings. Here's how:

Keep in mind the numbers will remain even if you remove the word "Step". I'll let our team know you'd like to have the ability to remove the numbers, too!

PaulaOBrien-73b
      Community Member

This gif is out of date. Go to the set square icon (triangle ruler) and look down for the label. Example attached where it is currently labeled "Strategy" as the default.

KristinaRodier-
        Community Member

Really helpful - thanks Paula! I hit the spacebar to remove the word 'Step', so the banner just displays the number for each card. 

• Is there any progress or updates on removing step numbers from the process block in Rise?

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Jonathan! Thanks for your interest in removing the step numbers from the process block. We don't have any news on it yet. In the meantime, please check out our roadmap!

• I would love this feature and feel it would make this block so much more useful for our training! 

• Adding on here, yes adding that feature would be great for customization - Also being able to edit the font (color and bold/italics etc.) would be a useful addition as well.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Melissa,

Thanks for letting us know you'd also love this feature to customize your Rise courses. I've added your voice to the existing feature report, so you'll be notified once it is added.

• If I clear the word 'step' as Alyssa demonstrates in her video, when I save it it still defaults to Step 1 even though the label is empty

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Amanda,

I appreciate you sharing the behavior that you're encountering!

There has been an update on how Step labels in Rise Process Blocks are presented. Can you try adding a space in the Step labels field and let me know if it removes the default word "Step?" Please check out this Peek 360 recording for details.

AmandaFrance-12
        Community Member

Thank you, Eric! I followed your directions and it worked! I appreciate the help!