Forum Discussion

SamHill
Super Hero
10 days ago

Process Block Accessibility Issue

I perform accessibility testing on a lot of Rise content, and one of the most frequent issues I raise is the focus order of the "Next" button for the first slide of the Process Block potentially causes problems for screen reader users.

The issue is, that when using a screen reader, the "Next" button appears in the focus order prior to the content on the first slide.

This means that a screen reader user could miss the content on the first slide if they were to go ahead and select the "Next" button (which seems logical) rather than continuing down the page to the contents of the first slide.

My suggestion would be to remove, or add an aria-hidden="true" to the Next button for the first slide. This would then allow screen reader users to continue down the page to the contents of the first slide and use the START > button instead.

I'm sure I have logged this as an issue in the past, and will do again, but just wanted to raised it here so I can track the issue.

• Hi SamHill,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I see you've connected with my teammate, Lianne, in a case, so we can continue the conversation there!

• This has been logged as an issue. Case #00918970.