Forum Discussion

WilliamRyan-dba
Community Member
3 months ago

Default media insertion behavior of "show until the end" can create extra work...

I often have didactic explanation of processes or concepts, and have media appearing and disappearing based on the voiceover captions. What makes me a bit annoyed is that the default behavior is to display the media for the entire slide length. So, if I insert a 20 second video clip into a 4-minute slide, I have to make the timing work out. The same thing with pictures... I want to display a picture for 30 seconds, I insert it, then de-select "show until the end," and then drag the picture timeline to where I want it.

It would be nice if there were an option in the "import" button for pictures or video, a checkbox where one could define if the media should be for the entire timeline of the slide or not...

• Hello William!

I can see where it would be helpful to have an option when importing media to select if it will show on the timeline until the end. I'm going to share this with our product team as a feature request. We'll update you if this makes it on our feature roadmap.