Forum Discussion

runrunsteven
Community Member
3 months ago

Deleting Items from Media Library

Hi all!

I made a module start to finish. After completion, I copied the file to have a starting template for the next module I am currently working on. Because I made a copy, I still have all the files/assets in my media library for this second file. I'm trying to delete them all since the content is different and they aren't relevant. 

However, all of the icons seem to be gone from the media library? I'm attaching a picture of what the media library used to look like and what mine is currently looking like. I am not using any of these photos anywhere in my project and the program even says "Not in Use", but after selecting the photos, there is no option to delete them. I've tried maximizing my media library window and also changing the size to see if I could get the icons to show up. Nothing seems to make the icons appear anymore.

Anyone that can help?

runrunsteven
      Community Member

Thanks for the reply! I imported the slides into a new project file. When I open up my media library, it only shows the images that were actually being actively used (hooray!). I opened up the media library and imported an image. Image is in the library and not in use, but I can't delete it. So still bugged. I'll open a support case, due to the somewhat sensitive nature of the file / procedures.

runrunsteven
    Community Member

Okay, well I solved my problem. Posting this for anyone else who has this issue.

If I access my Media Library from INSERT → Picture → Media Library. I can see my media library, but am completely unable to do anything. None of the icons are there.

But if I go through VIEW → Media Library, it shows the media library AND all the icons. Such as Export, Delete, Edit, Delete, etc. Must be a bug.... but at least I figured out a way around the issue.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi, Steven!

Thanks for following up in this discussion with your findings. I see that my teammate, Mick replied to you in your case. I'll share that information below in case others are curious.

This is expected behavior since adding images through the Media Library from the Insert tab only intends to insert images that have already been imported and used on other parts of the project. If you want to do further interactions with the Media Library, such as replacing all instances of the images, editing, or exporting, it has to be through the View tab.

I hope this helps!

• I would agree that is expected behaviour the insert option is that you want to use the media library, the view is to manage