Forum Discussion

JenniferKesz751
Community Member
3 years ago

Disappointed in Latest Update

It was very disappointing to see that the latest update did not include the ability to print reports to pdf.  Exporting reports to Excel is not an acceptable format for a lot of auditors as it lacks identifying information. 

Articulate had this function and it's mindboggling that an "upgraded" product such as Rise removed it.  I've seen numerous posts requesting this function for years in Rise and I've requested it through my Customer Success Managers as well.  There has never been an explaination as to why this isn't added.

I am forced to use a third party program to be able to print a report to pdf in my browser that captures more than one page of information at a time and that should be an embarrasing situation to Rise.

It's also disappointing to see that basic customization for reports is still not available.  Articulate allowed the creation of them and that function has not returned either.  A "new and improved" product shouldn't remove functionality.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

Which reports were available before in Articulate Rise 360 that were removed in the last update?

• Hi Karl,

First, a little background of what we use Articulate/Rise for.  We teach Hazmat Transportation classes both in person and as computer based training and we have quite a few hosted in Rise.  They all have an exam or exams based on how many modules the class contains.  I track the exam completions and keep records of them to provide to Department of Energy auditors as well as internal auditors from the various companies who utilize our training.

I was able to customize and save reports that would tell me the previous days activity, 5, 10, 30 days as well.  I didn't have to repeatedly select the criteria - it was saved in a report I could run at any time.  I haven't been able to find this ability in Rise.  I can run reports - just not save pre-selected criteria. 

I could also run reports selected on criteria I don't have access to in Rise, such as the students employer so if we wanted to know the usage by company I could provide that.  Articulate really let me drill down for data for reports and it's possible that Rise does as well, but I haven't found it.

Rise is quite complex and I will apologize if what I'm looking for exists and I simply haven't discovered it yet.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jennifer

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi Jennifer! I'm popping in to confirm we have you tracked for the request to export Rise.com reports to PDF. There were some different reporting options available in Articulate Online that don't yet exist in Rise.com. 

As we continue to evolve Rise, we'll keep you in the loop! Of course, you can chat in with the Rise Happiness team whenever you need, as well.