Forum Discussion

CrystalWoods-a1
Community Member
2 months ago

Tables crashing files since latest update (installed today)

The tables in our storyline360 file have suddenly stopped working. The table is there, but none of the text appears within the table, and the presentation crashes at that spot and no longer moves forward.

These courses were tested before and all working before the latest update.

Even in preview, the tables don't work and won't let me continue.

• Hi Everyone!

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360 version 3.90.32893.0. This bug causes text in a table to not be displayed properly during preview and after publishing. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will update you as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest:

• Downgrading to Storyline 360 version 3.89.32618.0 where this bug cannot be observed.
    • Upgrade to Modern Text (Design > Fonts > Upgrade Project Text...)

Thank you for your patience! Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• I rolled back to v3.89.32618.0 and tables and interactions are working 'normally.'

I'll keep an eye on this... Thanks

CrystalWoods-a1
      Community Member

I sent the issue to support and they imported the course into a new file and everything was working. They said my file was corrupted, however, after this latest update, ALL of our files with tables stopped working. We will import them into new files for now because we don't have much choice.

ZachNeiheisel
      Community Member

Seconding that this is the only thing that worked for me, if anyone else is having this issue

• I installed the update yesterday and I'm experiencing the exact same issue. It's as though there is a screen on top of the page blocking any and all interactions with buttons and links on the screen. The cursor does not change when hovering over a link/button and the link/button does not change state.

Thanks...I'll keep an eye on this page for any resolutions or advice.

• Thanks for the workaround Crystal!

I'll skip this update and take the next. Maybe they'll have fixed this issue by then. 

• Hi Everyone!

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360 version 3.90.32893.0. This bug causes text in a table to not be displayed properly during preview and after publishing. I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will update you as soon as a fix is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest:

• Downgrading to Storyline 360 version 3.89.32618.0 where this bug cannot be observed.
    • Upgrade to Modern Text (Design > Fonts > Upgrade Project Text...)

Thank you for your patience! Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 3.91.33096.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Table text was missing when the project used classic text

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

RutherfordRanki
      Community Member

While this update did correct the issue for horizontal table text, vertical table text is still missing for me.

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi RutherfordRanki,

Thanks for letting us know that the vertical text is still missing from your table. Are you willing to share your file with our team? You can upload it here or privately in a support case so we can take a closer look at what's going on. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.