Forum Discussion

LisaFalzon
Community Member
4 months ago

Disjointed Audio and Visuals for some Users

Hi I have a small handful of Users across a few companies and a few courses, who have given feedback that the visuals and audio are disjointed. I have asked the LMS support to look into this. I belive it must be some sort of local issue that cannot be prevented from my end. Would it be a case of the user not following the Recommended Best Practice (browser/sound/computer/updated versions etc.)? Any ideas guys?

TIA!

• A sporadic problem that involves media playing? 

If audio doesn't play along with other items on the timeline, that may be caused by network lag. Loading issues are more likely to occur with video files, since they're bigger. But audio files could be slightly delayed if the internet connection isn't great. 

If possible, it could help to have a few of those users do some additional testing. For example, does the slide play correctly when the user revisits it (assuming the slide is set to replay the audio)? If the audio and visuals aren't disjointed when the slide is repeated—and, thus, the audio may be in the browser's cache— it points to internet connection lag. 

Whenever an issue is inconsistent, it might be helpful to know the computer, browser, and internet specs for the users who are having problems. Unfortunately, though, there are so many variations that it can be hard to determine the root cause.