Forum Discussion

JoshuaThian
Community Member
4 months ago

Drag & Drop not resetting to start point

Hi, 

I am having an issue:

When my drag item is dropped to the incorrect drop target it is not returning the item to the starting point. Even though I have "Return item to start point if dropped outside: a correct drop target" ticked. 

It was working fine last week, but today after the storyline 360 update its broken.

I tried to do a work around with a 0px motion path, but this creates another problem since I only want 1 drag item to appear at a time. With the 0px motion path, the next item appears even if the current item has not been dragged to the correct target.

Kindly assist. Thank you!

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• If dropped outside a target, dragged items didn't return to their starting point when set to do so.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Shela!

Thanks for following up and sharing the insight!

Glad to see my teammate Philam helped you through your support case. If you run into any setbacks moving forward, please let us know!

• If you only want 1 drag item to appear at a time, then you should untick "Return item to start point if dropped outside: a correct drop target". This way, when the the drag item is dropped to either drop target it will disappear and the next drag item will appear. Btw, when I tested your interaction, I can confirm that the drag item is returning to the starting point when dropped to the incorrect drop target. I am using the latest version of Storyline. 

I am not sure what exactly you want to do with the drag item dropped to the incorrect drop zone. Give another try? Then you should add another trigger on the Incorrect layer to set this drag item to Normal when the user clicks the Continue button.

If I misunderstood your post, please describe your perfect scenario and we'll make it work. 

• Agree - there seems to be something going on there.  Have you tried dropping back to Update 87 and testing?

GeneToth
    Community Member

Yep... there seems to be an issue with the DnD not snapping back. I got a call from an associate this morning ... he was having an issue, too.

• If you are building a Drag and Drop for now, I recommend dropping back to Update 87 until the fix comes out.

GeneToth
      Community Member

Thanks, Ron. I went back to 87 last night and the problem went away.

JoshuaThian
    Community Member

Thanks!

I've also dropped back to the previous version and its working now.

• Hi everyone,

I understand you're experiencing an issue with a drag item not returning to the start point when dropped outside a target. I'm sorry you've hit this snag!

I can confirm that our team has logged this as a software bug, so we'll let you know as soon as a fix is in place. We appreciate your patience!

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• If dropped outside a target, dragged items didn't return to their starting point when set to do so.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

ShelaBlock
    Community Member

I submitted a ticket already, but thought I would post here as well in case I get a faster response.

I updated my Storyline 360 a couple of days ago, but I was not offered the build from June 18th, so I installed the one from June 6th. I am now dealing with a the drag and drop bug that was introduced and don't know how to update to the latest build because it's still not being offered to me. I have clicked "Check for updates" and it still won't show me there's an update from June 18th.