Forum Discussion

ChristinaSan851
Community Member
2 months ago

Drag and Drop not reverting to initial state

Good Morning!

I have a drag and drop freeform slide that I'm trying to have revert back to it's initial state if a user incorrectly answers the question. Even after I have clicked the "revert to original state" button in the settings, it still will not reset the objects back to their original positions. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

• The "Reset to initial state" setting in the Slide Properties determines what happens when the user revisits the slide.

When doing multiple attempts, the user never leaves the slide and revisits it. When they click the Try Again button, that hides the layer and allows for another attempt. However, as you've seen, the standard behavior allows the user to drag the objects again, but it keeps them where they were dragged in the previous attempt. 

There are two ways to get the objects to return to their initial starting points: 

• Set the Slide Properties to "Reset to Initial state." Add a trigger to the Try Again layer that jumps to "this slide." That's the equivalent of revisiting the slide, and the objects will return to their starting positions.

or 

• Add a short duration, 0-length motion path to each object. Run those motion paths when the user clicks the Try Again button. Those "moves" put the objects back in their original positions. 
      • This method would be used if you don't want the user to be able to re-answer the question if they revisit the slide. It also allows you to reset only the objects that were dragged to an incorrect target. (To do that, add a condition to the "move" trigger that checks the object's state.)

Both of the above methods are demonstrated in the attached file.

• Good morning,

One thing you might try is to go to the Drag-and-drop options and unselect "Delay until submitted" option.

Hope this helps.

-Bull

BJacobs
    Community Member

I set variables to indicate when the answer is final.  Add that to the base layer to show a particular layer when the timeline starts.  That seems to work in combo with the first option.