Forum Discussion

KellyMcMahon
Community Member
2 years ago

Drop-Down exercise in Storyline 3

Hello all,

I am trying to get a drop-down activity similar to the one attached to work in Storyline 3. Does anyone have any tips or is anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• That's a standard Matching Drop-Down graded question. Just insert that type of question, fill in the appropriate info (which is easiest to do in Form View), and it should work. 

• Be aware that this type of question has limitations. For example, you can't force people to choose different answers for each item.  And there's minimal control over the length of the drop-downs. It is what it is...

If you have a question set up, and it's not working as expected, I suggest you upload a copy of the .story file, with an explanation of what's happening that shouldn't happen and/or what's not happening that should happen. Then someone might be able to troubleshoot.

KellyMcMahon
      Community Member

That was a test example that has the same parameters as the actual drop-down I'm programing. When I test the actual question and select answers for all the fields, I can't select the Submit button if I manually add one to the screen and the built-in Submit button on the player is selectable but won't give the CA/IA feedback... and neither button activates the Next button. The test question I uploaded with my original post is pretty much exactly like the question in the program I'm working on - I can't load the actual question because of security reasons. I can upload it again, but I would prefer if any and all trouble shooting were done on the test question.

• Hi Kelly,

I see that Judy is giving you a hand here, but I'm happy to chime in! I made changes to the sample file to address the issues you raised. Here are the modifications I've done:

1. Added a custom Submit button.
    2. Added a Submit interaction trigger to the custom Submit button to make it functional.
    3. Added a Jump to Next slide trigger to the Next button to activate it.
    4. Added a new slide to test the functionality of the Next button.

I've attached the revised file with these changes so you can test it. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll be more than happy to assist further.

KellyMcMahon
      Community Member

Thank you Eric, this helps a lot. I think I've got it now!

• Awesome! You're most welcome, Kelly!

Enjoy your weekend ahead! 🙂