Forum Discussion

BeckyBuehner
Community Member
3 years ago

Duplicated Course and Font Changed

Our team duplicated an existing Rise course, but all the font changed from our custom font Arial to the default fonts. Is there a way to keep the custom fonts when duplicating courses? Was this a fluke? What would cause the font to change from the original course? 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

HI Becky,

When I duplicate courses, the font used in the original course is also used in the duplicate.

• Hi all, 

what about sending a copy to another user? Does it still keep custom font?

Thanks so much in advance!

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hey, Rachel! Yes, custom fonts will follow copies of your courses that you send to other users.

JeniFoote
    Community Member

I ran into a similar issue. When I opened a downloaded storyline file, the font changed from the custom one, Arial, to the default Open Sans. When I first created this it was saved as Arial. I uploaded it to Teams. Myself and one other colleague downloaded the file and had the same issue. 

Is there a reason why this would happen? 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Jeni!

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you uploaded a project to Teams that used Arial font, but when your colleague downloaded the file, it changed to Open Sans. I tested this out with a colleague and, unfortunately, didn't run into the same snag.

Is this happening with all slides that your colleague inserts from Team Slides? 

Also, if you used a different font other than Arial, does it still change to Open Sans on their end?

One quick fix might be to import your course into a new project and then upload it to Teams Slides. If that doesn't do the trick, do you mind sharing the .story file with me, and I'll continue troubleshooting offline?

JeniFoote
        Community Member

Hi Lauren,

I wanted to make sure the issue wasn't a one off before I responded. No one inserted new slides. The file itself, which was uploaded into Teams and then downloaded from Teams, had the font changed automatically without any changes being made to the file.

I recently discovered this happening to some of my Rise courses as well. The font in the theme was returning to the default font instead of the custom, Arial. 

Unfortunately I can't share the files because they are internal facing only and contain proprietary information.