Forum Discussion

NoureenShaikh-6
Community Member
2 years ago

E-Learning Heroes Community

Hello,

I am wondering what platform E-Learning Heroes Community is built on. We are looking to build a community at my current organization and I love this community and would like to do start one similar to this.

BWoods
    Former Staff

Hi Noureen, and welcome to the community! We're currently using an internally-built, custom solution. So, unfortunately, there's not a particular platform I can point you towards. But hopefully the features you've explored here can help you narrow down your search for what you do and don't need in your own community platform tool.

And if there are any non-platform-specific questions you have about running and moderating an online community, I'm happy to help.

• Hi Bianca,

Thank you for your response.  I joined this community many years ago and have seen it mature to its present state.  When I first joined years back, it was to ask a product questions. Then it became about downloads, then looking at challenges and learning best practices, networking.  Now, it is a place where I come to without even giving it a second thought.  This has provided me much value in my career over the years.  Would you have any guidance, blogs, articles you can point me to, to start something like this.

BWoods
    Former Staff

Happy to share some recommendations! There are two newsletters I've found incredibly helpful for learning how to create and nurture online communities.

Feverbee's newsletter talks a lot about the business strategy side of online communities, but in a conversational way that's easy to understand. Victoria Tran's newsletter, on the other hand, speaks more to the hands-on work of managing and growing an online community. She works in gaming, so some of her posts are specific to that world. But I always find insights I can apply to supporting other kinds of online communities as well.