Forum Discussion

JennHollister-d
Community Member
7 months ago

Editing Theme Colors

I am working on creating custom theme colors. For some reason after I record screen action the edit theme colors window no longer displays when I right click on the custom color scheme as in the screen shot. 

It's there before I record screen action, it stops displaying after I record. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

(I'd like to add that I did search for this issue and couldn't find anything other than a 4+ yr old discussion that was barely relevant.)

• Hello Jenn,

I'm sorry you've hit this snag; happy to help troubleshoot! I'm trying to reproduce your experience on my end. Do you have two instances of Storyline 360 open, and are you starting screen recording on one instance and capturing the second one?

I am looking forward to your response!

JennHollister-d
      Community Member

Hi Eric,
      I only have one instance open. Every time I initiate a new project, I can edit the custom them colors. After I screen record, that is when I can no longer edit the custom them colors.

Thanks,

Jenn

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the additional information. I tried testing this behavior using the following steps but I couldn't replicate the behavior: 

1. Create a custom theme
        2. Record the screen using the "SLIDES -> Record Your Screen" feature and insert the generated slides.
        3. Go to "VIEW -> Slide Master" and edit the theme colors

Since the issue appears to be isolated to your local installation of Storyline 360, try repairing the application to see if this fixes the issue. If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can't take a closer look at the behavior.